The versatile Introducer to facilitate difficult intubation
Failure to provide oxygen to patients is a leading cause of death and major morbidity directly attributable to anesthesia. Difficult direct laryngoscopy (Cormack & Lehane grades 2 or 3) is encountered in 1 to 18 % of patients. Assisting intubation and delivering oxygen at the same time, during direct laryngoscopy, is a safe manoeuver to reduce the risk of failures (CICO scenario).
For orotracheal intubation during difficult intubation
i-Bougie is a very effective device to facilitate orotracheal intubation in patients where visualisation of the glottis is inadequate.
- Allows shaping of the i-Bougie
- Centimetre marking: 5 – 40 cm
- Low friction surface for easy railroading of the tracheal tube
- Allows oxygen flow through the lateral openings at the distal tip
- 2 types of O2 Connectors available
Atraumatic distal tip
Rounded and angled design with lateral openings.
Studies mention the possibility of orotracheal intubation during the exchange of a Laryngeal Tube (see References).
——Related Topics & Products