To maintain the airway during tracheal tube exchange
3 sizes available
Soft and atraumatic tip
The X-Changer is designed to facilitate tracheal tube exchange with the possibility for temporary oxygenation. 3 sizes are available to minimize the gap between I.D. of tracheal tube and O.D. of catheter to avoid impingement upon the arytenoids (1). The catheter is made of soft material for better patient tolerance. When used as placeholder for extubation it can be left in situ until the need for reintubation is deemed unlikely (2, 3). Maintaining airway access increases the probability of success should reintubation of the patient with a diffi cult airway become necessary (4). The X-Changer can be used to increase the safety of changing tracheal tubes (5).
- Blunt tip is flexible and atraumatic
- Colour coded for easy size recognition
- Hollow catheter with lateral openings to deliver oxygen
- Supplied with two types of O2 connectors
- For safe determination of the insertion depth
- Allow proper alignment with the tracheal tube
(1) C. A. Hagberg and J. L. Benumof, Benumof and Hagberg's airway management, 4rd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, p. 767, 2018.
(2) I. Dornberger, Schwieriges Atemwegsmanagement bei Erwachsenen und Kindern, Stuttgart: Thieme, p. 92, 2013.
(3) C. A. Hagberg and J. L. Benumof, Benumof and Hagberg's airway management, 4rd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, p. 768, 2018.
(4) C. A. Hagberg and J. L. Benumof, Benumof and Hagberg's airway management, 4rd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, p. 861, 2018.
(5) M. Parotto et al., "Extubation of the Challenging or Difficult Airway," Current anesthesiology reports, pp. 1–7, 2020.
——Related Topics & Products